Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Packing List - The "Seat-Pocket" Bag

This is the bag that I whip out of my carry-on (see details here) and place in the seat-back pocket during the flight. It contains everything I need to eliminate the need to get into my carry-on during the flight.
On a long-flight, the only time I would get into my carry-on is to grab ( a ) my camera equipment (see list here), or ( b ) my "Wash Up" bag (see list here), which is what I use just prior to deplaning.

My "Seat-PocketBag" is a zippered "Gregg Extra Large Book Cover". I don't know whether these are made anymore.

My focus here is very simple. Whether I'm on the plane waiting an extra 40 minutes sitting on the tarmac, or lounging during the flight, I want everything right at my fingertips to keep me comfortable and entertained.

What's in it?

  • iPhone (or cellphone)
  • Headphones
  • iPad (or Kindle / book)

  • Earplugs
  • Sleeping mask (Rick Steves makes an excellent one)

  • Cough drops
  • Pepto Bismol tablets
  • Tic Tacs

  • Pen (for filling out immigration forms)
  • Microfibre cloth (to clean my glasses)
  • Reading glasses
  • Digital Camera (pocket size)

No comments:

Post a Comment